p.c sub to stereo

greatbritton

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
hey i have a altec lansing sub that i want to hook up to my stereo but my my stereo does not have the weird cable hook up...i want to cut the cable and hook into the sub output on my stereo any ideas on which of the eight wires inside the lansing cable i would use to hook up ti the two output connectors in my stereo?o yhanks randy

greatbritton

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from greatbritton : "how to hook up p.c sub to stereo"

hey i have a altec lansing sub that i want to hook up to my stereo but my my stereo does not have the weird cable hook up...i want to cut the cable and hook into the sub output on my stereo any ideas on which of the eight wires inside the lansing cable i would use to hook up ti the two output connectors in my stereo?o yhanks randy

greatbritton

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from greatbritton : "p.c convert to stereo sub wire hook up?"

i have a lansing altec sub i want to hook up to jvc stereo but the sub output on my stereo only need the regular twi wires and the lansing sub has the computer hookup??? which of the eight wires do i hook into my stereo?

This sounds like a classical Bad Idea. What exact model of sub do you have, and can you provide a link to the product manual? Are you trying to add the sub as a subwoofer to the existing speakers on the stereo? What did the sub attach to originally? With what cable?

Multi-wire cables on subwoofers are usually used to connect the satellite speakers, not to the audio source. Your exact model would help.