Panasonic sound remote problems

Fordy269

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016
Hi,
I have a Panasonic Surround sound system and it's not receiving my remote control signal. It has been boxed up for a long time.I have checked the remote on a phone camera and it's blinking fine. Any idea on how to maybe sync it or get it working again.
Cheers

Solution
The remote would not normally need to be synced or activated on a surround system.
Since it is putting out IR there might be a problem with the surround sound system not the remote. The IR receiver would not usually be affected by dust but if it exposed then cleaning it can't hurt. If it is enclosed behind the front panel it would be hard for dust to get in there.
New batteries?

Pansonic remote or generic?

Check/clean the receiver port on the Surround Sound system.

Have you paired the remote to the Surround sound system? Any reset activate/reactivate buttons on the Panasonic sound system?

Maybe start over and try the set-up procedures again.

Fordy269

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016
Batteries first thing I did.
Will find where the receiver is and check it for dust.
It's a Panasonic remote. Not sure how to activate the system or sync it will have to take a look. Thanks

The remote would not normally need to be synced or activated on a surround system.
Since it is putting out IR there might be a problem with the surround sound system not the remote. The IR receiver would not usually be affected by dust but if it exposed then cleaning it can't hurt. If it is enclosed behind the front panel it would be hard for dust to get in there.

Solution