Panasonic VIERA TC-P60ST50/Burn In

mjakachira

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
Ok I just brought this TV and I am deathly afraid of playing video games on it, can someone offer some advice on how I can prevent burn in with this TV?

If you check out the manual for the TV you will see there are settings in the menu that will minimize if not eliminate burn in. Sometimes it is called "orbiter" as it moves the picture ever so slightly to avoid burn in. There is also a anti-burn mode in some plasmas that wipes the screen to remove burn in.

krycek29

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013

Hello There

I have the same tv myself got it a week or so ago and have played a few hours or more of Gaming on it.
No issues with IR or Burn in. The TV's now in days are more resistant to IR and burn in. You don't have to worry. If you leave your tv on say over night showing the same image you may get some IR (Image Retention) but that will fade away with either just watching the TV or using the Image Scroll Bar in the menu settings.. Just be sure you enable the Pixel Orbiter (i think it is already enabled). If you worried after some gaming just run the Anti-Image Scroll bar. Look under settings and anti-image retention. I called Panasonic my self and asked them about the same issue and they told me you would have to leave the same image on for a lengthy period of time to see and Image retention. Remember image retention and burn in are different. IR will show a slight ghosting image after you turn off the tv, burn-in will be there forever. But like I said for burn in to occur you'd have to leave a static image on for a long long time for it to ruin the tv...

email me bender1972@hotmail.com
I have some settings as well that you can use that make the tv look good..

PS the tv is aweome!!

99frank9999

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013

I bought the same tv, I didn't play video game very often, I didn't leave a static image on the tv, I've been very careful. but after 8 months of regular use i have a big spot of IR or burn on the right side of the screen, and that sucks! Thousands of dollars, you think you're buying quality, but think otherwise with this panasonic. I'm very frustrated!