Panda Cloud Antivirus Free and Bitdefender Free Edition at the same time

Rubius Lionel

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
Is it ok having 2 free antivirus especially they both consumes low systems ram?

I am having a problem with bitdefender free antivirus right now. It closes most of the time and I dont have any idea why. So my plan is if ever the bitdefender suddenly crash, the panda cloud antivirus will backup the system protection. All these antiviruses are free and consumes low system ram as what i have read in some of the blogs or articles and I have 1.5gb ram. Thanks in advance

Solution
While you have Panda cloud installed, why not scan the system in case Bitdefender is infected?.. Disable Bitdefender as follows: Start\search, type msconfig\Startup tab, uncheck Bitdefender, Next Services tab\check hide Windows Services and uncheck Bitdefender Service. Restart the computer and scan the system with Panda Cloud. If it turns out clean scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware and if that finds nothing, the problem could be corrupted registry keys, so access the registry (Start\Search\type regedit), scroll to the HKCU key, scroll down to the Bitdefender key and back it up with right click Export, and next delete the Bitdefender registry key and restart the computer... the deleted keys will be created fresh. If it doesn't help...
D

Deleted member 217926

Running two different antivirus programs can often cause conflicts with each other and be worse than not having one installed at all. As said above just pick one that works and stick with it.

Chicano

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
While you have Panda cloud installed, why not scan the system in case Bitdefender is infected?.. Disable Bitdefender as follows: Start\search, type msconfig\Startup tab, uncheck Bitdefender, Next Services tab\check hide Windows Services and uncheck Bitdefender Service. Restart the computer and scan the system with Panda Cloud. If it turns out clean scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware and if that finds nothing, the problem could be corrupted registry keys, so access the registry (Start\Search\type regedit), scroll to the HKCU key, scroll down to the Bitdefender key and back it up with right click Export, and next delete the Bitdefender registry key and restart the computer... the deleted keys will be created fresh. If it doesn't help, delete the HKLM\Bitdefender key, and restart. If none helps stop the crashes, uninstall Bitdefender with Revo Uninstaller cleaning leftover registry keys and files, restart the computer and install Bitdefender again... Once the problem is solved you can uninstall Panda Cloud. The Bitdefender registry key backups are in case you want to restore them to the registry and not reinstall Bitdefender. If the problem is solved, delete the registry key backups.

Solution

Chicano

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
I'd stick with Bitdefender... I don't like anything Cloud specially antivirus which are supposed to depend on a remote deffinitions database. This means that if your Internet connection fails the antivirus would have nothing to compare detections to... It may not even run, I really don't know as I didn't leave it installed long enough to do a scan.
If your Bitdefender has problems, you can always reinstall it and if the problems persist, there are many free antivirus you can replace it with. Avast, Avira and AVG are light and fast and are the best rated from a long list.