Pandora Launches HTML5 Player, Removes Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]The Droid Bionic is faulty and emits a high-pitched noise when using the headphone jack. It is either due to lousy hardware (Motorola) or the lousy OS (Android). If you are in the market for a new phone, wait for the new iPhone in October; you will get much faster / more stable hardware and software.[/citation]
My Bionic works perfectly, go get yours fixed, and BTW chances are there will be some defects with your iPhone when it's released too. Regardless of what Apple says, they are not perfect and neither is their hardware.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]The Droid Bionic is faulty and emits a high-pitched noise when using the headphone jack. It is either due to lousy hardware (Motorola) or the lousy OS (Android). If you are in the market for a new phone, wait for the new iPhone in October; you will get much faster / more stable hardware and software[/citation]
Writing it in bold doesn't make it any more legitimate. It's still just an opinion/personal observation.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]The Droid Bionic is faulty and emits a high-pitched noise when using the headphone jack. It is either due to lousy hardware (Motorola) or the lousy OS (Android). If you are in the market for a new phone, wait for the new iPhone in October; you will get much faster / more stable hardware and software.[/citation]
All Droid Bionics?
Surely this would have been noticed, for example in tech reviews or by other users.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
Writing it in bold doesn't make it any more legitimate. It's still just an opinion/personal observation

Credible source:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/19/bionic-owners-peeved-by-high-pitched-whine-source-of-the-sound/

Much like Android users (on any topic that includes "Apple", this phone, too, emits a "high-pitched whine".

There are also reports of bad SD card slots, but it's not gaining real media attention, because the Bionic is an irrelevant phone on a REALLYirrelevant platform.

G

Wth does the Droid Bionic and iPhone have anything to do with this article? They mention Pandora NOT being available for Android and iOS in one small line and we get some fan boys fighting already? Seriously?

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]The Droid Bionic is faulty and emits a high-pitched noise when using the headphone jack. It is either due to lousy hardware (Motorola) or the lousy OS (Android). If you are in the market for a new phone, wait for the new iPhone in October; you will get much faster / more stable hardware and software[/citation]
Huh I think I know what new phone I'm getting...and it's not an iPhone. :p

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
So, for all the web tech savvy people out there, which admittedly I unfortunately am not... What is it with services being able to deny access to mobile phones? I was under the impression that the way/reason this worked was that a mobile browser sent a notification to website to let it know that it's a mobile browser so that they could get a more optimized version of the website if available.

Now, assuming that is correct (I'm guessing I'm wrong there somewhere though), why hasn't someone just made sort of a lite web browser for Android that claims it's a desktop browser so that you could use it for specific pages (such as Pandora) to bypass their restrictions?

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]So, for all the web tech savvy people out there, which admittedly I unfortunately am not... What is it with services being able to deny access to mobile phones? I was under the impression that the way/reason this worked was that a mobile browser sent a notification to website to let it know that it's a mobile browser so that they could get a more optimized version of the website if available.Now, assuming that is correct (I'm guessing I'm wrong there somewhere though), why hasn't someone just made sort of a lite web browser for Android that claims it's a desktop browser so that you could use it for specific pages (such as Pandora) to bypass their restrictions?[/citation]
They have. Many browsers (not the stock one, I don't think) have a 'choose agent' option to let you choose how your browser "identifies it's self."

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Damn trolls....

Fyi, I contacted Pandora and they said that it still uses some Flash elements, and others said that without flash they couldn't get past the login page. This one is still faster than the old player though.

G

I have a droid bionic and my phone does the same thing when pandora is playing. I just got it 5 days ago and it emits a high pitched sound while the music is playing. It annoys the shit out of me, wish I could fix it somehow :/

G

The new pandora player is nice, but it's buggy...
1- it sometimes starts a new song when a previous song hasn't finished.
2- if you pause a song for a long time (say you pause to go for lunch) the player won't start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.