Paramount, Kingston Puts Transformers 2 on USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
For that price, I'd rather have it on Blu-Ray. Personally, I think delivery of entertainment by flash media is a dead end. It's like a solution looking for a problem, and that almost never yields anything useful.

conomega

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
The confusion this will cause the consumer. How many people will buy this and plug it into their TV USB port designed to show photos!!

G

Given the fact that it's on a 4GB stick I have to call bullshit on that. It's probably compressed to hell and there's no way they put any special features on there without making it look even worse. Pay 30 bucks for that? Screw that! Bunch of scammers...

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
" Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen, which will come on a 4 GB USB stick and retail for $29.99."

Is it going to be 1080p? DTS-trueHD? extra contains? When a TF2 Blu-ray is selling $19.99 @ Walmart and an average about $10-15 for a 4GB USB stick.... $29.99 seems like an expenisve way to get a movie (not even sure is it going to be 720p 1080p or 480p) + a 4GB USB drive.
Furthermore, can that be played on DVD/Blu-ray/TV/PS3 players taht come w/ USB port.. or it is for computers only?

Thought people have tried similar idea before.... as far as I am aware of... it did not go well.... well it fly this time?.... I doult...

Maybe only good for a Xmas gift... but not for everyday life.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]anonymous35982796t2[/nom]Given the fact that it's on a 4GB stick I have to call bullshit on that. It's probably compressed to hell and there's no way they put any special features on there without making it look even worse. Pay 30 bucks for that? Screw that! Bunch of scammers...[/citation]
Just so you know, you have the option of buying it, you do not have to. No need to get so mad.

Putting movies on flash memory isnt all that bad of an idea. however, the current market does not suit such a product. Perhaps in the future this might be a good solution. As for blueray or SDcard? Neither, I just buy the dvd at walmart and have it upscaled on my ps3. I refuse to pay $30 for any dvd.

snurp85

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
I like the idea, however for that price I would rather have blueray. Now if the movie was on an 8Gb flash drive so that the quality was comparable to a regular dvd AND if it only cost $12, then I would totally be for it.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
By the way... if the movie is stored in a 4GB Transformore action figure (transformable) USB drive with LED lights....

I will buy it!

kansur0

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
One thing is for sure...they are screwing themselves out of next generation player revenue if they are thinking of starting a new format war. Rumors of next gen discs with Terrabyte capacities? Also...will set top boxes be a thing of the past?

Anti-piracy? Maybe you will need the physical USB stick in the computer to actually watch the movie...sort of like a how some software packages (in the past) have used a dongle with a code on it?

All I know is that there is always a purpose for invention. That purpose isn't always to the consumers benefit. It is usually made to control.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
The USB stick will probably act as a decryption key to stream the movie from a web server. I.e. it will be like renting the movie on Netflix, only you paid $29.99 for one movie, you'll probably only get to watch it 3 times before you have to purchase a new license, and heck, they'll throw in a worthless 4GB flash drive too.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
I think it's a good idea.
It will save me time from ripping the movie.
I can plug it right into my WD TV Live or PS3 and start watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.