Password works in only Firefox browser

TTbarDJ

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
I have this tolerable but irritating issue when trying to reach the WebUI of my Dlink router Dir-655. In order to access the routers configuration page I must of course do so via a web browser. Once at the log-on screen I have to enter a password. Here's the rub: The password only works from Firefox. I have Chrome, Safari, IE, and Opera all installed for testing. Any of the aforementioned browsers will reach the log-on page, yet it is only Firefox that does NOT recieve an "invalid password" denial. This has been going on for several months. The machine I normally try from is a Windows 7 desktop. I've tried from a notebook I have running Ubuntu 10.4 with Chromium, Opera and Firefox... guess what.. it will also only accept the password from Firefox.

note::: I've tried copy/paste the PW and it still doesn't work. I am not mistyping it. Nor does clearing the caches work.
However, passwords to all other log-ons work within all browsers. (Except I have the same issue on my FreeNas box... sometimes)

Any Ideas?

TTbarDJ

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010

I have NO idea what showing you a screenshot of my router's log-on page would do for you... but here ya go.
ruxycn.png

edmond419

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
hm...maybe it's the way that the browser send itthe logon information, meaning that it may have a method of a security not compatible with any other browser but firefox...