Pavilion g7 charger light is orange, power is on but screen is black

G

I have a pavilion g7 laptop. It turns on but has a black screen. The charger also goes from white to orange quickly. What advice can you give me. My computer is only used for putting pictures on and used for word documents. Never used internet.Had battery checked, it is good. Bought new power charger , all good. The caps lock button blinks and the f12 light is on.

The display not working could be the cause of the light change. Depends on the way they have it set up. Try the following...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 0
booterboii Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 4
P Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 6
Similar threads
Question Replace SSD In HP Pavilion 14-ba094sa Notebook
Question HP Pavilion 15-P107tx. No power!!
Question Bootable windows 10 USB made with etcher won't boot onto HP pavilion
Question Given 3 brokenish laptops... No clue which one to fix/how to fix/etc...
Question How can i display my ps4 on my Hp PAvilion All-In-One without remote play.
No Display on HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-Ab292nr, Three Long Caps Lock Blinks, Two Short
I have an hp pavilion g series laptop, running windows 10. There is a red x on the lower right icon for WiFi. That’s my only
Pls help! My HP Pavilion screen is blank (not displaying), but fans working fine, and keyboard lights seems OK
Solved! hp pavilion entertainment notebook has not been used for while. i tried to turn on but it wont turn on. power light and charge
Hp pavilion Dv7 17.1 in damaged case
Solved! My HP pavilion beats powers up but i have no screen or key lights and it beeps 3 or 4 times ever so often
Solved! I changed the fan on my HP Pavilion DV7. Now it won't turn back on. The light is on by power cord & the battery is fully char
Solved! Hp pavilion 15-cx0056wm do I need new battery, just got it 5 days ago when I plug the charger up a white LED light will show
Solved! hp pavilion .. laptop not turnin on removed the battery and plugged in the charger .. but it still doesnt turn on .. any help
Rest my pavilion HP laptop not working but turn on button blinks when I put the charger in
Broken Charger port HP Pavilion G6
my laptop fell now it wont turn on the charger light is still on so it's charging but it won't turn on what can i do?
When i Plug in the Charger with Battery into my HP Pavilion G6 laptop , it Shuts Down immediately?
Using the third laptop charger , the rest stopped working, want to make sure this doesn't encounter the same fate
HP Pavilion DV6 battery charger question/help

ASK THE COMMUNITY