Pavilion g7 charger light is orange, power is on but screen is black

G

I have a pavilion g7 laptop. It turns on but has a black screen. The charger also goes from white to orange quickly. What advice can you give me. My computer is only used for putting pictures on and used for word documents. Never used internet.Had battery checked, it is good. Bought new power charger , all good. The caps lock button blinks and the f12 light is on.

Solution
The display not working could be the cause of the light change. Depends on the way they have it set up. Try the following...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may...
The display not working could be the cause of the light change. Depends on the way they have it set up. Try the following...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Solution