PC sound system HELP!

vasilisvvv

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
Guys i want your opinion if you have experience with this products.

First think tomorow im going for a sound system for my pc. so, with 2 words

Creative A520 vs Creative T6160

Thanks!!!

does your motherboard already have an integrated soundcard? if yes what quality level is it?

what do you plan on hooking up to the soundcard?

if you dont have a soundcard or your integrated soundcard just is not good enough then you need to look at what features you need and what you will be connecting.

if all you will be connecting is low end speakers then a $200 soundcard is useless. likewise if you will be connecting a usb headset buying a soundcard is useless.

the only soundcard i've ever purchased was about $30 in the soundblaster lineup and it worked fine. just purchase up to the level you require in terms of options they provide.

vasilisvvv

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
Mate where you found all that questions? :) i have a asus xonar and i mostly use my headset. I just want to buy a "good" 5.1 speakers set for my room.. so if you have one of this tell me if is good..

Thanks mate :)

those questions are designed to tell me whether or not your integrated or existing soundcard is of "good" quality.

after all, purchasing another soundcard when you already have a good option is like throwing money into the wind. money you could be using for those speakers.

"good" 5.1 speaker set is relative. what type of budget are we looking at?

some people consider good to be $200 or under in which case the 5.1 sets from logitech are very good value. to me my $1500 system is what i consider good and my setup doesnt use a soundcard. still other people do as i have done but with a budget of $500.

what it really comes down to is as i said....

what do you want to hook up to it? pc speakers? home theater speakers?
what ports do you need? optical out? 3.5mm jacks?
what is your budget for soundcard? what is your budget for speakers.

the more information you provide the better information can be given back.

TRENDING THREADS