PC through receiver no video

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
Windows 10 using Intel i3 7th generation on-board graphics via HDMI. Connected to Marantz 5012 receiver. Receiver connected to Samsung 4k tv.

Connecting the PC directly to the tv works fine with 3840x2160 resolution. Going through the receiver I get no video. Connected a second display and the computer detects the Marantz receiver and recommends the same resolution. Manually setting the resolution to 1920x1080 causes the tv to work with receiver and PC although it overscans.

When I disconnect the second monitor the tv loses the 1920x1080 setting and I get no display. Any thoughts? Can I force the resolution without having overscan issue? Is there a setting I can change somewhere? The receiver supports 4k, but doesn't like the 4k resolution coming from PC?

Check the specs on the receiver. You may need to change the refresh rate on the PC to pass through the receiver. Marantz tech support can help too,
All TVs overscan. They don't want blanks at the edges of the screen. Monitors never overscan. You can check the TV menu system. On my Samsung there is a menu setting for AV or PC which turns off the overscan.

Check the specs on the receiver. You may need to change the refresh rate on the PC to pass through the receiver. Marantz tech support can help too,
All TVs overscan. They don't want blanks at the edges of the screen. Monitors never overscan. You can check the TV menu system. On my Samsung there is a menu setting for AV or PC which turns off the overscan.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 16
N Streaming Video & TVs 15
H Streaming Video & TVs 4
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 7
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 3