PC to TV Connection via multiple HDMI long cables

GambitX

Estimable
Oct 20, 2015
I have connected a long HDMI cable.

PC(desktop) to Wall HDMI socket(near PC), Wall HDMI socket(near tv) to my TV HDMI input. Total length is about 15~20m. A HDMI Signal booster is added at the end point. My Computer detects the tv, but the tv shows no signal receive. Tried testing on my work laptop (windows 7), no problems.

Previously before i shifted rooms, all worked fine on a 10m HDMI cable.

I am running Windows 10, i7-4770, 8GB ram, Nvidia GTX780, Samsung 48inch UHD tv.

Anyone have any possible solutions?

Signal boosters really need to be mid-way.

I'd want to be looking into HDMI over Cat6 or fibre for these kinds of lengths, though.

Is your laptop outputting at full 4K60p? I doubt it, but your GPU might be. Try turning down the refresh rate or the resolution - that reduces the data rate, and lets it decode poorer quality signals.

GambitX

Estimable
Oct 20, 2015

I am only setting 1080p 60 Hz currently, as my main monitor can only support up to that. So by right it should be ok? correct me if i am wrong.

giantbucket

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
first, you'd want your signal booster BEFORE the signal turns to * after a long cable run, not after it's already gone to *. put the booster up front or mid-way, but not furhter.

second, why so far away? is the in-wall cable being run up to the ceiling?

third, how good is that signal booster anyways? is it a $3 eBay special?

<Language, please>

GambitX

Estimable
Oct 20, 2015

The wall in cable goes along the perimeter of my room. Anyway, i somehow managed to solve this issue already. though dun seem to stable yet. Apparently the Nvidia's 3D setting is hampering the tv from receiving proper signal. Previous TV had no issue cos it was a 3D tv.

Thanks all!

GambitX

Estimable
Oct 20, 2015
Thanks all, managed to solve this issue! My previous HDTV was 3D, therefore my video card was configured with relevant 3D settings. after changing to UHD, the TV was no longer 3D, therefore the old settings are inhibiting the signal from sending to the UHD correctly.