Solved! PERMANENTLY move apps to SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2018
I always move every app that allows it to my external SD card. However, every time the app updates, it is RE-installed on the internal storage. Some apps seem to think they need to be reinstalled right away after moving. Is there any way to move apps PERMANENTLY to the SD card? This is driving me crazy!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, model SM-G900V, with Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow). I'm running Nova Launcher, not the stock one. I have every app possible storing data on the SD card, including of course, photos, videos, music, etc. I use Clean Master to move apps and clean up space.

Adoptable storage is NOT an option on this phone.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Frank

Solution
The reason you are getting them going back is likely updates. When an app is installed to the phone, and the moved to the card, then when it updates it can get moved back. Flaw I know but only the app creator can fix it. You can try installing directly to the card, bypassing the phone's storage. That should resolve it. However, if you choose to alter things and need to move the app off the card (or replace the card) then it would need to be reinstalled directly to the device.
The reason you are getting them going back is likely updates. When an app is installed to the phone, and the moved to the card, then when it updates it can get moved back. Flaw I know but only the app creator can fix it. You can try installing directly to the card, bypassing the phone's storage. That should resolve it. However, if you choose to alter things and need to move the app off the card (or replace the card) then it would need to be reinstalled directly to the device.

Solution
Sep 6, 2018
Webworkings: I agree, the updates are the reason. How can I try installing it directly onto the sdcard? I don't seem to have any options for bypassing the phone's internal storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.