Phillips DVD player to Samsung smart TV

Nanamel

Estimable
Jun 12, 2015
so I am trying to hook up an older Phillips DVD player to a Samsung Smart TV. Moot new component cables and now I get a great picture, but without sound. So I hooked up the red and white audio cables when I do this the TV can't find the signal from the component why is this? What can I do

Solution
Hi, Nanamel. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I was thinking about your hookup problem. Do your DVD player and and television have HDMI inputs? If so, an HDMI cable would work. If this is not the case, a single RCA jack from video out on the television to video in on the DVD player could work. Also, there maybe S-video inputs on both television and player. If so, that's another way to go. Hope this helps. Sincerely, Donjr

Donjr625

Estimable
Jun 11, 2015
Hello. I would definitely check the RCA audio connections. They should be running "out" from the DVD player to the "audio in" terminals on the television. Also check to see if the the t.v. speakers are enabled by going into the t.v.'s audio menu. To solve the signal problem I need to know more about the type of wires you're using.

Nanamel

Estimable
Jun 12, 2015
Hi, I am just using the red and white audio hookups. What is weird is that when the are not connected the DVD plays through to the TV through the component inputs. But when I hook up the red/white audio it won't recognize the component hook up. I did buy new component cables as I was getting a purple/pink and back tone and no colour on the TV but I was getting sound. I am using the same audio cables, these I did not change

Donjr625

Estimable
Jun 11, 2015
Hi, Nanamel. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I was thinking about your hookup problem. Do your DVD player and and television have HDMI inputs? If so, an HDMI cable would work. If this is not the case, a single RCA jack from video out on the television to video in on the DVD player could work. Also, there maybe S-video inputs on both television and player. If so, that's another way to go. Hope this helps. Sincerely, Donjr

Solution