Phonak com pilot to optical

vdecarlo1952

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
My phonak com pilot for hearing aids worked wonderful for awhile and stopped getting sound with optical on cable box. Now I do not get any sound . My TV is LG. Comcast told me the optical was disengaged in all boxes. Why? What can I do. The optical did work beautifully. Ginny D

Solution
You can check your cable box audio menu to see if the optical output can be turned back on. I have seen a similar problem with Scientific Atlanta boxes. It was fixed eventually when cable box software was updated.
I can think of two possible solutions.
1. Connect the transmitter to the TV optical audio output. Check the TV manual on how to configure it. You may have to turn it on, turn off the TV speakers, and change the audio output type.
2. If you use an HDMI audio extractor in between the cable box to TV HDMI connection it will provide an optical output.

vdecarlo1952

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from vdecarlo1952 : "phonak for hearing"

I now do not get sound thru the optical connection. I was told it has been dis enabled in all the boxes. Why?

vdecarlo1952

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from vdecarlo1952 : "Phonak com pilot"

My hearing aids have bluetooth. I did get great sound with optical connection on cable box. Now it stopped. Comcast said the optical connection has been disengaged. Why

You can check your cable box audio menu to see if the optical output can be turned back on. I have seen a similar problem with Scientific Atlanta boxes. It was fixed eventually when cable box software was updated.
I can think of two possible solutions.
1. Connect the transmitter to the TV optical audio output. Check the TV manual on how to configure it. You may have to turn it on, turn off the TV speakers, and change the audio output type.
2. If you use an HDMI audio extractor in between the cable box to TV HDMI connection it will provide an optical output.

Solution