Picture issues after adding HDMI switch

Pullman

Commendable
May 16, 2016
I have a Samsung 60 inch LED Series 6203 Smart TV. I've had it for about 6 months with no issues. I recently added a Sewell Direct SW-8876-3 HDMI Bi-Directional Switch to set-up which connects the FIOS box to the TV as well as a DVD player.

Since I added this, when I turn on the TV, the picture is slightly grainy. Its not significant but it looks like there are very, very tiny white dots dancing on the picture. You wouldn't notice in passing but if you sat down to watch, it would be apparent.

Now, after about a minute or so, the picture will go black (audio still enabled) and then come back on after a second or two with a perfect picture. It's almost like something is resetting.

Clearly the switch or the HDMI cables have something to do with this but I'm not sure how. Not sure if there is something not configured correctly, bad cabling, or a bad switch or...something else.

Anyone have any experience with this or have a recommendation?

Sound like you are getting a handshake issue. Sometimes just using a different input on the TV will help. Assuming that if you plug the HDMI cable that goes to the TV directly into either the Fios box or DVD it works OK then I would try a different switch.
Handshake issues are caused by manufacturers not meeting the HDMI standard. When one of your sources, cables, switcher, and TV doesn't it might work with some combinations of cables and devices and not others based on how well they meet or exceed the HDMI standards. It's not even a price issue.

Pullman

Commendable
May 16, 2016

Thanks! That helps.

TRENDING THREADS