Pioneer SC35 No HDMI Out After Power Outage

EdAnalog

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
Short: No HDMI output from Pioneer SC35 after a power outage.

Details:

After power outage, no audio nor video coming out of the SC35 receiver.

Tried the normal sequence of removing power, disconnecting HDMI inputs and outputs, reconnecting inputs and outputs, reapplying power and doing a

factory reset. Confirmed that HDMI OUT is set to ALL. still no audio or video.

Next, connected cable box via HDMI cable to each HDMI input on the TV: both TV and cable are fine.

Next, disconnected both HDMI outputs on the receiver, removed power, connected cable box back to the Receiver HDMI input, reapplied power, and get

audio on the speakers.

Finally, with this connection state, removed power, reconnected HDMI output, reconnected power, and again, no audio and no video.

so to summarize,

TV HDMI verified working.
Cable box HDMI verified working.
Cables verified good.
Receiver HDMI OUT set to ALL
Receiver HDMI input working (audio at least) only when HDMI output not connected.
Receiver HDMI input and output not working when HDMI out connected.
Hard factory reset doesn't fix anything.

Any ideas what to try next?

Thanks!

Solution
Your troubleshooting tells you the receiver is the problem. If you get sound out of a non HDMI input or the radio then the HDMI switching is the problem. If you don't get any audio at all then the amps could be bad too,.
The receiver is not a user serviceable item so I hope it's still under warranty.
Your troubleshooting tells you the receiver is the problem. If you get sound out of a non HDMI input or the radio then the HDMI switching is the problem. If you don't get any audio at all then the amps could be bad too,.
The receiver is not a user serviceable item so I hope it's still under warranty.

Solution

maxwellmelon

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
ive learned one thing from living in florida. HDMI are real sensitive to voltage surges and mild spikes caused by lightning strikes. I now have two tvs that every HDMI port has been burned out from different devices(not just the same device hooked up to a port) due to power surges. now I have to use component cables as I cant afford to have the boards replaced again ,,even a ups didn't protect my systems :(