Please Help. ERR_SSL_UNRECOGNIZED_NAME_ALERT

TheKingDray

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016
Hi, ive been having this issue for awhile now. whenver i try to go to my account details using the steam app i get the error "code -159, Failed to load webpage (unknown error)". but when i try to do it through browser i get the error "ERR_SSL_UNRECOGNIZED_NAME_ALERT". i do not know the problem and its becoming really annoying. i havent been able to purchase anything from steam or change personal settings for 6 months, please help.

Solution
Have you contacted Steam regarding your account? That would be (would have been) the first place to start - especially after six months......

That said:

I googled the error message, i.e., "ERR_SSL_UNRECOGNIZED_NAME_ALERT"

Could be any number of things with the specific reason(s) related to your overall setup.

Google the error message yourself but be more specific: include "steam" in the search wording as well. Or other words as you deem appropriate.

Try to narrow down the search to be more relevant to your situation.

But start by contacting Steam.
Have you contacted Steam regarding your account? That would be (would have been) the first place to start - especially after six months......

That said:

I googled the error message, i.e., "ERR_SSL_UNRECOGNIZED_NAME_ALERT"

Could be any number of things with the specific reason(s) related to your overall setup.

Google the error message yourself but be more specific: include "steam" in the search wording as well. Or other words as you deem appropriate.

Try to narrow down the search to be more relevant to your situation.

But start by contacting Steam.

Solution