please help me

jon web

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
did everything required but everytime i try to boot this new lenovo e460 it keep asking for a driver and i have no idea what its asking for I've pretty much tried everything in terms of using even its own driver pack and pointing to almost every driver in it, bought 7 of these machine for my teachers and I'm just floored on how to image them with my win7 os pro any help would be greatly apperciated

jon web

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
its a new uefi bios type system when it arrived like all the other systems over the years I stripem and load our school os on them so that down the road if there ever a problem i can reimage it and have it back up and running in no time, this is however one of my first efi/uefi type system I think I gotten for the school so I tried serveral way to load my window 64bit pro on it and it would let anything really boot to it that was the first problem then when i was able to get it to load i had to load my windows from within its windows all was good however the trouble start when i made a image of that system and copied it to another system all hell borke loose and that where I've been ever since. I think it is because of the uefi and efi partition that all this is happening not the standard bios i was use to, so Ive done alot a looking I pull the drive form the machine out the one I hosed and did the diskpart clean set ative thing and then i made a uefi windows boot usb drive with my os on it the way that toms said to and this morning when booting to it to load the my os it says like all along it been saying needs a driver at the windows setup screen and i have no idea what driver it even asking for when i contact lenovo they want to charge me to give me any kind of assistance becuz it not hardware related warranty so that is were Im at any bone you can throw to this old dog would sure help
the actual error it states is a required dc/dvd device driver is missing if you have the floppy disk, cd,dvd,or usb please insert it now

Puff3r

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
I have never seen the Lenovo UEFI BIOS so I can give general help here. First look for anything marked Secure Boot and ensure it is disabled for the initial install. Also ensure OS Optimized Defaults is disabled. When you are creating the boot disk, ensure the USB drive is formatted to FAT32. Post the results for us.

jon web

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

i have done this secure disabled and yes to the usb being formatted the way toms states

That was a whole lot of really hard to read stuff to get to the last sentence which is the only thing that matters, the actual error message. Try not to type like you are puking up words as fast as you can, you don't have to actually type everything that pops into your head, form sentences. If you write like this when you leave school, you won't be able to put together a readable resume or communicate with others.

As above ^ use USB 2 port, that is 80% likely the cause of your issue. Other 20% would be the chipset drivers needed for the setup to see the hard drive.

Jeff Mongillo

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014
Another thing to keep in mind....uefi IS the BIOS, it's not a separate thing. It's a simpler, cleaner way to set up your system as well as align boot devices to the proper order. As others have pointed out, make sure to input the USB stick to a black USB port (USB 2) as opposed to a blue one (USB 3). Now, are you doing the install as generic or custom? And are you using an HDD or SSD for primary drive? How many partitions on the primary drive?