felix flook

Honorable
May 8, 2013
hi i have a Sony HT-AS 5 (5.1 surround sound system) and i conected it to my newly installed Creative soundblaster z via optical cable. i downloaded and instaled all the drivers properly and the speakers work but only the front right, front left and the sub woofer work. this means that the rear left, rear right and center are not making any sound like a 2.1. when i go into controll pannel it tells me that the optical port is a L R does that mean i cant run my 5.1 through it?

thank you for any replies

Solution
are you playing surround sound content? windows sounds will only be stereo.

is spdif set as your default audio device? in advanced settings is there anything relevant?

does your ht support surround sound via spdif input? this may sound silly but HTIB units often have issues when dealing with auxilliary sources. check the manual.
are you playing surround sound content? windows sounds will only be stereo.

is spdif set as your default audio device? in advanced settings is there anything relevant?

does your ht support surround sound via spdif input? this may sound silly but HTIB units often have issues when dealing with auxilliary sources. check the manual.

Solution

felix flook

Honorable
May 8, 2013

thanks for the reply

i do have spdif-out set as my default audio device but when i set it to creative speakers there is no sound any futher advice would be greatly appreciated

regards felix

felix flook

Honorable
May 8, 2013

thanks for all the help but i found out there was a problem with the sound field and its all fixed now
thanks for all the help - felix