Solved! Please help. Toshiba C55T-A

Devan_3

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
Hello everyone. For the past month my laptop keyboard has been acting strange. When I type certain letters I get numbers. For example, when I type the g key, I get the number 5 instead. When I type b key I get the letter t. The backspace button doesn't work. And some letters I type produce nothing at all. I've reset my entire pc, foolishly assuming that would fix this, nope. I've also tried to change the language in the settings. Filter keys or whatever is off. Please help me anyone. Would mean a lot to me.

Solution
Probably the keyboard needs to be replaced. If an external USB keyboard givers you similar problems, then it's the keyboard controller on the laptop's motherboard; the motherboard would need to be replaced, then (unless you know a really good tech that can source and replace that chip).
Probably the keyboard needs to be replaced. If an external USB keyboard givers you similar problems, then it's the keyboard controller on the laptop's motherboard; the motherboard would need to be replaced, then (unless you know a really good tech that can source and replace that chip).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS