Solved! Pls help! My HP Pavilion screen is blank (not displaying), but fans working fine, and keyboard lights seems OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2019
Since yesterday, I can't power my laptop.
I've tried different methods, but none worked yet.

Here is the problem:
After pressing the power button, the keyboard lights on;
The CAPS lock and NUMBER lock lights starts to blink;
But the screen will not display anything;
Moreover, the system won't make any sound.

Here are some solutions I tried, but none worked yet-
* Pressing power button for 30secs - 1 mins...
*Replacing the harddisk, but still the same.
*Replacing the RAM, but still the same; Although I removed the RAM completely, then powered the system, but I was getting a 3-dotted-sound.

Please help on what to do.

Solution
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

You may also want to try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + WIN + B to try and reset...
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

You may also want to try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + WIN + B to try and reset your graphics driver as another possible fix.

Solution
Mar 22, 2019
Have you tried unplugging the laptop and remove the laptop battery. Leave the battery out for a minute or two and putt the laptop battery back in. If something is acting up it may clear it since you are removing all power.

Status
Not open for further replies.