Plugged in - Not charging help?

timmyoseaton

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015
Alright, so a few days ago my laptop decided to be a butthole and do this thing where it's plugged in but it says, plugged in not charging. I've done different outlets and everything but that's not fixing it. I went into device manager - batteries - and uninstalled that one thing, but it's still doing it.

It started doing this 3-4 days ago, and it's slowly dropping. It's now at 95%.

My laptop is a ASUS notebook model G751JL republic of gamers. I don't know if its my battery or some programs gone wrong, but I'd rather not see my laptop slowly die. When I look at the battery icon on my laptop and the light next to it, it's green so I'm guessing that it's not inside the laptop, but a program.

Solution
Try reseating the battery. If that does not work, remove the battery, unplug from wall power, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds, plug everything back in and try again. If it does the same thing, I'd say battery needs to be replaced as the first step, if that does not work, could be a charger port or motherboard issue that needs to be fixed.
Try reseating the battery. If that does not work, remove the battery, unplug from wall power, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds, plug everything back in and try again. If it does the same thing, I'd say battery needs to be replaced as the first step, if that does not work, could be a charger port or motherboard issue that needs to be fixed.

Solution