dantes_kitchen

Estimable
Sep 2, 2014
http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/7051131

i'm constantly getting poor performance on my msi pe60 through benchmarking and i dont really know why this is the case. ive tried updating all of my drivers, getting rid of apps i dont use, setting my power settings to max performance etc, but nothing appears to be working. i know that its not cpu throttle because my temps never go above 45c while browsing/gaming so i really dont know what is the cause of all of this. if anyone can help a brotha out that would be great honestly.

Solution

It may, if your system is cluttered or maybe had a bad driver.

But like I said, your system is not far off from the averages, sometimes a CPU, motherboard, etc, isn't up to snuff compared to others. Its the silicon lottery.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished
Other than the CPU benching a bit low the rest of the system works fine. That low CPU bench could be because of your power profile. Make sure its set to "High Performance" Also make sure you're benchmarking with it plugged into the wall.

dantes_kitchen

Estimable
Sep 2, 2014

i already have it at maximum settings, but it hasnt been doing me any good. in msi scm i have it set to gaming but i have noticed no difference,

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

In control panel power profile its set to high performance?

To be honest your system is within the margin of error on userbenchmark. That may well be what its going to do. None of the scores are abnormally low.

marksavio

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
you can visit your laptops support site and reinstall your chipset driver. and also check if a BIOS update is needed.
i heard there are some cases that the windows/intel update to "fix" spectre may have caused some CPUs to underperform or worse have unexpected shutdown/restarts. check on the support site for any updates.

you can try the site below directly from intel
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

It may, if your system is cluttered or maybe had a bad driver.

But like I said, your system is not far off from the averages, sometimes a CPU, motherboard, etc, isn't up to snuff compared to others. Its the silicon lottery.

Solution