Portable Charger for Laptop with High Amps

Mar 9, 2018
I'm trying to find a way to portably charge my laptop but the amps I need are enormous. My power adapter is rated for 19.5V and 9.23A and I have not seen any portable power banks even close to that kind of power. I was wondering if when the computer is off if it still draws the same 9.23A that it might when under load. Reaching the correct voltage is no issue but I hear that using a lower amperage charger could result in damage. In summary, does my computer always draw 9.23A no matter what? and if so is there any other way to portably charge this laptop.(msi Gs-63 vr stealth pro)

Solution
There is no portable charger that will work well with a gaming laptop. You can use a UPS but of course that is pretty heavy and bulky. You can buy a second battery and just keep it charged every so often. Don't leave it sitting for too long as even if not used, the battery will slowly lose charge over time. Will take a while though, charging it every week or so should be fine.
There is no portable charger that will work well with a gaming laptop. You can use a UPS but of course that is pretty heavy and bulky. You can buy a second battery and just keep it charged every so often. Don't leave it sitting for too long as even if not used, the battery will slowly lose charge over time. Will take a while though, charging it every week or so should be fine.

Solution