Lance_17

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016
Hello my father bought me a new Seagate Backup Plus few months ago, and after using just a few days ago I accidentaly touched the cable and it disconnects the hard drive. Then after a few moments I plugged it back and it sounds but the it won't show up in "My Computer nor Disk Management", however I was able to see it in Control Panel or Device Manager. Is there any way to fix this up by myself? I am looking forward for expert and professionals out the. Thank you in advance! :D

PS: The drive runs and lights up sometimes.
Additional: I have also tried changing the cables and it doesn't change the issue.

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there Lance_17,

That is really unpleasant. :(
It looks like your system recognizes the enclosure but not the HDD inside.
It's good that you've tried using a different cable. Yet, you can try the device on another computer as well.

If the issue persists and the drive is not recognized by Disk Management, unfortunately, you will not be able to access the drive with software tools. It will not hurt to run some data recovery tool on the drive though.
In that case, you can:
- Contact the place you got it from and eventually RMA it.
- Contact a data recovery company, if the data stored on the drive is extremely important.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

Lance_17

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016

Thank you for sharing your time just answer my question. Actually my father bought it on other domestic country (I don't know where), is there any other way to return this thing? Well the data stored is not actually important but what I do care about is it was still new. Once again thank you.

-I have tried plugging it in on my cousin's laptop but still no changes.

Lance_17

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016

I've contacted the manufacturer and they are still guiding me as of now. Thank you for your guidance, hope you could also help others who are in need.