Possible motherboard/northbridge problem

odavlias

Estimable
Dec 6, 2015
I recently got my toshiba satellite P70-A-104 cleaned and also the thermal grease changed. After a while I found out that my usb ports weren't working at all. More accurately whatever usb device (mouses, disk/flash drives) I tried to connect, nothing happened (not even the sound your computer performs when you connect a device). I also noticed that USB xHCI compliant host controller had a warning on my device manager.

After a lot of looking I found out that a, possibly cooling, thing on my motherboard up-side hadn't been screwed during the abovementioned repair.

I tried to update the USB xHCI compliant host controller but it said it was up-to-date.

I tried to boot the pc on Ubuntu desktop (using a flash drive) but although it saw the drive and tried to boot it finally couldn't.

I performed a clean install of Windows 10, using a DVD, yet the warning is still there and my usb's aren't working.

I'm suspecting a northbridge malfunction but I'm confused because every other I/O function is working properly.

Really in need of help :)
Thanks in advance!

odavlias

Estimable
Dec 6, 2015

I don't really think it has to do with the software. I'm worried about a short circuit or something, yet i'm not sure if it has affected the northbridge or the whole motherboard.