Power button in lenovo ideapad 110-14IBR won't work, but if keyboard button is pressing and hold, laptop will turn on

atisujiati16

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
This morning till now, Power button in lenovo ideapad 110-14IBR won't work, but if keyboard button is pressing and hold, laptop will turn on. If I release (untouch) the keyboard button, laptop will off immediately. Then I press and hold again the keyboard button, laptop will turn on. That is condition again and again.

I think this is because last night, I charged my laptop 4 hours from 7pm to 11pm. Suddenly in this morning, I can't use my power button.

Please, anybody can help me?

Nb: I have and use this laptop for 6 months.

I'm not sure I understand: I know what the Power Button is, but what do mean by 'Keyboard Button'?

1. If it's only 6 months old, make use of Lenovo's Warranty Plan and have the laptop repaired or replaced.

2. You could also try and drain the battery. Remove the power cable, and let the laptop run until the battery goes dead. Then put the power cable back in and press the power button.

3. It could also be a Power Management problem, either with Lenovo's power app or Windows' power app. Check the settings for what the computer does when you press certain keys or buttons.

atisujiati16

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
Thanks for quick respon

Keyboard button that I mean is the key (1,2,3,.., A,b,c, ctrl, alt, +,-, enter. The all keys/ buttons in keyboard).

This laptop is Non-removable battery. So I doubt to remove battery. I also hestitate to run until battery goes dead.

The condition is, I can turn on the laptop only by pressing and holding keyboard. I can't use power button. If I release the keyboard from my finger, laptop suddently dead.

I think solution number 2 is good if my laptop is removable battery.

I think I will use solution number 1, go to service center.

Any suggestion for my keyboard problem sir?

sbez742

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
y

Nov 15, 2018
Open laptop check voltage on laptop ffc cable jkb1 pin no 31. It should be 3.3v .if it's less remove keyboard cable and check if voltage again. If it's 3.3v after removing keyboard cable, then it means keyboard is faulty..replace the keyboard.
Lenovo IdeaPad 110-14ibr has a common issue with kb.