Powerpoint to Multiple computers

Shadowen925

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
At work, I am trying to setup a powerpoint presentation that can be changed on a server and automatically updated to the other computer's that are running it.

We have a sharepoint server if that helps.

The setup is that we have a few TV's throughout the plant that we would like to run a powerpoint presentation on. We would like all the presentations to be the same show. The issue is, this get's changed almost daily and I do not want to walk around to every computer and start the next presentation every time we update it.

Shadowen925

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
If I use Remote desktop, It logs the local user out. there is no way for the local user to log in and start the powerpoint. When I try VNC it pauses the powerpoint and kicks it off any time I log in or out. Someone local would have to click the resume show button.

There are remote tools that don't log off the user on the PC. We use LANDesk at work, and it will connect to a session without killing any programs.

There are streaming servers that you can setup and just use that. You can possibly publish the PPT to a web site, and use a browser to view it on the multiple PCs. You will probably need to at least send a refresh command to the browsers when you change the slides though.

Shadowen925

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
That's what I've been looking into now. I'm trying to find a way to publish it to a local host site and get good image quality for the monitors. Because it's also a pain to try opening the same document with all the computers because it gets put in "read only" format.

Atotalnoob

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
You could try making a flash page, and put it on a site, that you can display ( a cheap, and uncomplex way....[unless you can't do flash like me!]). Also is it possible to get massive cords and do multiple monitors? (LOL!) I can't think of anything else to tell you... Goodluck!

Shadowen925

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
So, the final product is windows 7.. WOOT.

We decided to just make a network folder and put images into them. Then we set the computers to run that folder as the background. We can throw new pictures in and it will add them without any sort of restart.