Solved! Private video chat apps for free

Status
Not open for further replies.

watersashleigh

Estimable
Jul 8, 2018
A fried and i use facebook messager for messaging and video chat, I use an android tablet and he uses an Apple Ipad. With all the privacy issues that are coming out about fb messenger, we're looking for a private message and video calling app. One that is seriously private, unlike fb messaging and fb video chat. Canyiu

Solution
That is why you get those little popups asking if you will give the apps access. If you go into "Settings" and then "Apps". Go to "All" and then tap each individual app and scroll down, you should be shown what that particular app has access to. Now the apps that are system related (like say your phone app, messaging, etc.) may not list what they can access. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

Many companies allow you to have 'free access' and then they make their funds off of data. Another reason I don't belong to so many places. :)
You have to remember that any app you get (free, paid, etc.) is going to allow anything you do on it to be saved to whatever place you are doing this through. Just like anything you send on your phone is technically accessible by your carrier/service provider. What you are doing is through their service and their hardware (not talking the phone itself) so they have access. If you want real privacy, you are going to have to find another means of communicating. If it is that important that it be private, then you need a different way.

watersashleigh

Estimable
Jul 8, 2018
It doesn't have to be THAT private, it's just that when I heard about what was going on with messenger. and then the NY Times article that some of your apps are constantly tracking you, it just kinda freaked me out. It almost felt like someone is sitting there listening and watching you,. and its just kinda freaky.

That is why you get those little popups asking if you will give the apps access. If you go into "Settings" and then "Apps". Go to "All" and then tap each individual app and scroll down, you should be shown what that particular app has access to. Now the apps that are system related (like say your phone app, messaging, etc.) may not list what they can access. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

Many companies allow you to have 'free access' and then they make their funds off of data. Another reason I don't belong to so many places. :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.