Problem with connecting TV through a passive audio selector splitter

Sep 28, 2018
Hello all,

I have a problem with connecting my TV through a passive audio selector splitter.

This is the splitter:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07C9LVDZC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have connected the TV to the splitter with an 3.5mm aux cable on the A port of the splitter and the 2.1 speakers with the Out port on the other side.
There are two red buttons, one to mute the sound directly on the splitter and the second to switch between the A/B ports. I already pressed the button down to switch to the A port but the audio doesn't work. Also the headphone volume is active on the TV..

My computer is connected to the port B of the splitter also using an aux cable and this works fine.

It would be awesome if someone can help me.

Greets Nikii

Solution
On most TVs when you plug into the headphone jack the TV speakers turn off automatically. You may have turned off both the speakers and headphone jack when you thought you were just turning off just the TV speakers in the TV menu.
If the speakers work when you connect them directly to the TV then the switch is bad.
Sep 28, 2018

The speakers are powered but the splitter isn't powered. I tested it out with my smart phone and my computer and that configuration worked but the configuration with the TV not.

Sep 28, 2018

Yeah the aux cable is connected from the headphone jack from the TV to the 3.5 mm A input jack..and on the out port the speaker is connected.

On most TVs when you plug into the headphone jack the TV speakers turn off automatically. You may have turned off both the speakers and headphone jack when you thought you were just turning off just the TV speakers in the TV menu.
If the speakers work when you connect them directly to the TV then the switch is bad.

Solution