Problem with h/w decoding in Android

kunowbiX

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
I'm having problem playing a video using several players. I've tried mx player, bs player, dice player etc. and it just can't play the video using h/w decoding. It plays with s/w decoding though but the video stutters and pretty much not watchable already. The file format is .mkv,

I've extracted it, here are the details:

Video: MPEG-4p10/AVC/h.264
Audio: AC3/EAC3

Can anyone tell me what's the problem with it? I've tried other videos and they play smoothly (using h/w) and I'm starting to get frustrated.

Can somebody enlighten me?
Thanks..

Solution
did you review the custom rom's gotchas? sometimes there are know issues with them... most have issues...

you could burn it down and re-image it with the ROM again... I went thru 8 different flavors 'till I got one that did all I wanted correctly on my Old Atrix. I still use it as a trouble shooting micro tablet... rooted, unlocked and custom rom, backup, wifi hack tools ...

kunowbiX

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
Sorry, Xperia Sola, android 4.4.2 and using custom rom. I'm thinking that it has something to do with the content of the mkv container of the video because I can play other videos using h/w decoding, but ofcourse correct me if I'm wrong.

corroded

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
did you review the custom rom's gotchas? sometimes there are know issues with them... most have issues...

you could burn it down and re-image it with the ROM again... I went thru 8 different flavors 'till I got one that did all I wanted correctly on my Old Atrix. I still use it as a trouble shooting micro tablet... rooted, unlocked and custom rom, backup, wifi hack tools ...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS