Problem with PS4 and a soundbar?

G-star93

Estimable
Oct 19, 2014
Hello,

So yesterday I bought a new PS4 pro and I hooked it up to my OLED TV with an HDMI cable to port 1hdmi/arc. I have my soundbar jbl 3.1 connected with an optical cable from tv. Everything was fine before, never had any problems with it even over bt eveything worked fine. Now im getting the loud sounds like notifications on my soundbar and it says dolby atmos on and dolby atmos off. Would it be better if I just use 2 HDMI cables instead? I was doing some reading and it says that soundbar should be connected with hdmi through arc and ps4 to tv with an hdmi and I should loose the optical cable. What do you guys think?

Solution
That might be possible. If I remember correctly you can also alter audio settings in the main menu of a PS4 as well. Maybe tinker around in there, give it a try? If it doesn't work you should be able to out the audio back to default settings.
Jan 7, 2015
That might be possible. If I remember correctly you can also alter audio settings in the main menu of a PS4 as well. Maybe tinker around in there, give it a try? If it doesn't work you should be able to out the audio back to default settings.

Solution