Problem with RCA connectors

TheSmokerOne

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015
Hello guys!
I have a Manta MM2500 Crystal. It is an old enough audio system.I have a problem with the RCA connectors situated on the back of the subwoofer. When i connect the system to the PC with the AUX cable, sometimes i need to move a little bit the connecters on the back of the subwoofer for the speakers to work. Sometimes the signal gets lost(can't hear anything from the speakers) or a speaker is not working at all when it was supposed to do and i have to unplug the AUX cable and put it back in PC.
First, i believed it was the AUX cable but i switched it with a new one and the problem persisted.

I'm thinking to open the subwoofer to see if any wires or anything else broke somehow. I know is not worth the effort for this but i really want to repair it.

Any idea what can be done?Or what is wrong with it?

Here is the manual of the audio system i found online (scroll down for english):
ftp://ftp.manta.com.pl/instrukcje%20obslugi%20%20owners%20manuals/MM2500%20Crystal%20MANUAL.pdf

Solution
The caps don't look bad and are not the cause of your problem.
In most electronics the RCA jacks are mounted to a PC board. The PC board can have micro cracks that cause the kind of problem you are having. Adding solder to the traces can fix the problem although it could return due to temperature changes or mechanical stress.
You need to do exactly what you said.

Open the subwoofer and look at the back of the jack. Make sure the wires are connected good...if not...connect them good.

Also,,,you can bend the pin "a little" on the plug. This will help it seat against the inside of the jack better. This alone may solve your problem so try this first.

TheSmokerOne

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015

I opened the subwoofer. It's seems that the back of the connecters are very well glued and can't see nothing. I noticed that my 4 big capacitors on the board are swollen. Is this the cause of the problem?

https://imgur.com/a/YmPXK5m

There is a board in the subwoofer with swollen capacitors?
Where is this board?
If the caps are in the subwoofer....than that very well could be the problem.
You may be able to replace them depending on how hard they are to get to.

That's the subwoofer amp and those caps may be the problem....but it still could be a connector problem and those caps could still be working even though they are swollen.

That all being said....I don't think the amp has much time left with those caps the way they are.

The caps don't look bad and are not the cause of your problem.
In most electronics the RCA jacks are mounted to a PC board. The PC board can have micro cracks that cause the kind of problem you are having. Adding solder to the traces can fix the problem although it could return due to temperature changes or mechanical stress.

Solution