Problems with Samsung Galaxy S4 and SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fokion Spyroglou

Estimable
Aug 13, 2014
Although I have a SD card 4 GB in my Samsung Galaxy s4, it keeps saving apps and others in the phone memory which is only 178 MB, so I usually have one app each time and it gets full which is very annoying... What to do so my phone starts saving things into SD card? (P.S my phone recognizes the SD card and knows whats inside it)

Solution
you need a file explorer utility to move your music, movies, & pics to the sd card. Set your camera to begin saving to the sd card. Set your music & video players to read from the sd card. You can also go into your setting>apps and when you click an app you will find the move to SD button in the storage section just left of the Clear Data button.

In the samsungs the sd card you added is listed as "external_sd" when you browse the SD card. yes the Samsung has an internal SD card as well.
I use ES_file explorer (might have been ESF File Explorer) its free and worked great. (I grabbed the LG G3 and got rid of my note)

popatim

Splendid
you need a file explorer utility to move your music, movies, & pics to the sd card. Set your camera to begin saving to the sd card. Set your music & video players to read from the sd card. You can also go into your setting>apps and when you click an app you will find the move to SD button in the storage section just left of the Clear Data button.

In the samsungs the sd card you added is listed as "external_sd" when you browse the SD card. yes the Samsung has an internal SD card as well.
I use ES_file explorer (might have been ESF File Explorer) its free and worked great. (I grabbed the LG G3 and got rid of my note)

Solution

Kalle Schurtz

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
These guys are fruitcakes. All you really want is to read your SD card, access your SD card again. I just went all over the NET and could not find a solution for this problem. Then, I just did this simple fix, and it worked for me on my Galaxy S4 Active: I inserted a new SD card, and it would not read it, mount it, etc. You know it. Then I read everywhere, that the standard Filesystem is NTFS, which did not work for me. I took another NTFS SD Card, and my G4 would not read it. So I copied the files off and reformatted the SD cards to (default) FAT32 (with the single file 4GB size restriction) So what? I'll just put several 4 gig files on the card, no problem.
After reformatting these SD Cards, the Galaxy4s would immediately read them, and gave me an option to reformat the 8Gig SD Card even, which I did. It came back with 7.4 Gigs, even more than the reformatting on the computer. This proves to me, that the Filesystem is FAT32 and not NTFS like some fruitcakes declared earlier. peace out.

Status
Not open for further replies.