Program to work with ISO files

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
Anyone know if there is a shareware/freeware program available that can perform basic functions working with ISO files, CD/DVD drives, & Flash Drives which would include all these functions:

Burn ISO to a CD/DVD.
Extract Folders/Files from an ISO image.
Create a Virtual Disk from an ISO image.
Create an ISO image file from CD/DVD.
Create ISO image from a collection of Folders/Files.
Burn ISO image to a Bootable USB Flash drive.

Couldn't see if there was a utility that would include copying to and from ISO files, and a bootable USB Drive, or if you have to use individual applets.

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
Hi Chugot & Shawn,
Thanks for the responses. Do the programs you like also convert an ISO to a bootable USB drive?
That may be too much to ask for the shareware/freeware utility,but it is a form of "conversion" from an ISO file type to a bootable USB.

Also, any experience with the Unix command dd? I see several references in it's function to convert to bootable USB drives. Also anyone had enough experience to know if the "Ultimate BootCD for Windows has all these features in its multitude of utilities?

s-h-a-w-n

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
I suggest pendrive linux
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/
To convert a linux ISO or even a windows ISO to a bootable USB (from a windows machine, but threre are equivalents in linux)

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
Anyone had any experience with PowerISO?

It appears to have all the ISO I/O functions and ability to make a bootable USB flash drive, from a graphical display. Only CON I can see is a $29.95 price. Been around a while, on version 5.6 now.
Wonder if anyone has tried it, and if so how'd it work?