Solved! PS4/Headphone out to Audio Interface?

longbowman

Estimable
Apr 8, 2015
Hi all,

So I've been fighting my Scarlett 18i8 to accept input from a PS4 to get high fidelity sound out of monitors. So far I've tried:
-1/8" adapter from controller to TRS cable to line in: sound worked but sounded terrible and was really quiet, and not sure if stereo
-PS4 to HDMI to screen to 1/8" adapter from headphone out to TRS 1/4" to line in in Scarlett. Crap sound, not stereo, quiet
-Optical out on PS4 to Optical in on Scarlett -- 18i8 can't use ADAT as S/PDIF so didn't work.

Any suggestions on how to get it to work? Will the headphone out on the screen receiving HDMI from the PS4 theoretically work, or are all thr line/mic in levels mono?

Geef

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Make sure after you plug a headphone cord into your controller you press and hold the playstation button in the middle so the screen comes up and it will have a Sound/Devices menu and in there is the volume controls for Speaker for Controller and Headphones. I had to turn the headphone up a bit when I first plugged them in too.

Geef

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Make sure after you plug a headphone cord into your controller you press and hold the playstation button in the middle so the screen comes up and it will have a Sound/Devices menu and in there is the volume controls for Speaker for Controller and Headphones. I had to turn the headphone up a bit when I first plugged them in too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alec S Audio 1
Ayeebeezy94 Audio 1
wimpymike Audio 2
sad-panda Audio 0
UmmmYes Audio 2
J Audio 0
naik_jr Audio 1
P Audio 0
M Audio 4
Randall The 2nd Audio 0
Alterix97 Audio 1