Lenovo M5400 Silver 59-409075 FD

• CPU: Intel Core i5 4200M (2.5 GHz)
    Graphics Card: 2048 MB Nvidia Geforce GT 740M
    Price: $810 USD / £499 GBP

Lenovo Z50-70 i7 Silver 59-424606 FD

• CPU: Core i7 4510U (2.0 GHz)
    Graphics Card: 4096 MB Nvidia Geforce GT 840M
    Price: $932 USD / £575 GBP

The RAM and Storage are the same in both of the systems. Respectively 8 GB and 1000 GB + 8GB SSHD.

Do you think the Z50 worth the extra price?
I want to use the laptop for gaming, graphic engineering and hardcore multitasking.

Regards,
naroslife

Solution
Both CPUs can reach a max speed of 3.1GHz and both are dual core CPUs. Therefore, maximum performance should be relatively the same. However, the i5 CPU is rated at 37w vs the i7 CPU at 15w so battery life with the Core i7 CPU should be better.

Overall the GT 840m is a bit faster than the GT 740m, but results varies depending on the specific game. In some games the performance is nearly the same, but in other games the GT 740m provides a little better performance.

The GT 840m is really too slow to take advantage of the 4GB of dedicated graphics RAM in games. But I think it is good for graphic programs like Photoshop for large files that uses a lot of filters, but I don't know about graphic engineering.

Overall, I think they both...
Both CPUs can reach a max speed of 3.1GHz and both are dual core CPUs. Therefore, maximum performance should be relatively the same. However, the i5 CPU is rated at 37w vs the i7 CPU at 15w so battery life with the Core i7 CPU should be better.

Overall the GT 840m is a bit faster than the GT 740m, but results varies depending on the specific game. In some games the performance is nearly the same, but in other games the GT 740m provides a little better performance.

The GT 840m is really too slow to take advantage of the 4GB of dedicated graphics RAM in games. But I think it is good for graphic programs like Photoshop for large files that uses a lot of filters, but I don't know about graphic engineering.

Overall, I think they both offer similar results. However, the Z50-70 should technically have longer battery life and is technically better for graphic programs due to the larger amount of graphics RAM.

Solution