Questions about Cameras

Miiraheart

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016
Hi I hope everyone is doing well. So, I was thinking about buying a new camera. I'm a beginner, I have never had a Camera before and I don't know how to use it (well probably I can figure it out, but I don't know anything about DSLR features. I hope you got the point ). So I was searching for a camera and I really liked Canon T5. I don't know if it's good for me or not but I want a professional camera that I can work with in the future (Because I don't think I can buy another one). I looked it up on Amazon and it was $399 but when I was looking around while I was on Walmart it was $100 cheaper. The problem is that I'm on a budget and I can only afford $299 ( the one on Walmart) but I'm really concerned about if it's low end product ( the original price was same as Amazon but they had a discount). I looked up some forums and they didn't recommend buying electronics from Walmart and instead trying a camera store or Best Buy, B&H...

Can you please guide me and even suggest other models that may work better for me and still cheap?

Thank you for your help

bicycle_repair_man

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Well, I'm in the UK, so I can't comment on where to buy a camera. What I can tell you is that the quality of the picture is always down to the skill of the photographer. Even with the best gear in the world, a picture will still look crap if the person behind the camera doesn't know what they're doing. My camera is a decade old, but it takes great pictures because I know how to use it.

Any half-decent photographer will tell you that the lens is far more important than the body. The lenses you need depend on the type of photography you want to do; macro, portraiture, landscape, etc.

The most important thing to consider is how a camera feels, not its technical specification. You don't want to miss the shot of a lifetime because you're faffing about with unintuitive button placements or badly-designed menus. If you've not been to a shop and tried some cameras already, do that first.