Miiraheart

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016
Hi I hope everyone is doing well. So, I was thinking about buying a new camera. I'm a beginner, I have never had a Camera before and I don't know how to use it (well probably I can figure it out, but I don't know anything about DSLR features. I hope you got the point ). So I was searching for a camera and I really liked Canon T5. I don't know if it's good for me or not but I want a professional camera that I can work with in the future (Because I don't think I can buy another one). I looked it up on Amazon and it was $399 but when I was looking around while I was on Walmart it was $100 cheaper. The problem is that I'm on a budget and I can only afford $299 ( the one on Walmart) but I'm really concerned about if it's low end product ( the original price was same as Amazon but they had a discount). I looked up some forums and they didn't recommend buying electronics from Walmart and instead trying a camera store or Best Buy, B&H...

Can you please guide me and even suggest other models that may work better for me and still cheap?

Thank you for your help

Solution
Well, I'm in the UK, so I can't comment on where to buy a camera. What I can tell you is that the quality of the picture is always down to the skill of the photographer. Even with the best gear in the world, a picture will still look crap if the person behind the camera doesn't know what they're doing. My camera is a decade old, but it takes great pictures because I know how to use it.

Any half-decent photographer will tell you that the lens is far more important than the body. The lenses you need depend on the type of photography you want to do; macro, portraiture, landscape, etc.

The most important thing to consider is how a camera feels, not its technical specification. You don't want to miss the shot of a lifetime because you're...

bicycle_repair_man

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Well, I'm in the UK, so I can't comment on where to buy a camera. What I can tell you is that the quality of the picture is always down to the skill of the photographer. Even with the best gear in the world, a picture will still look crap if the person behind the camera doesn't know what they're doing. My camera is a decade old, but it takes great pictures because I know how to use it.

Any half-decent photographer will tell you that the lens is far more important than the body. The lenses you need depend on the type of photography you want to do; macro, portraiture, landscape, etc.

The most important thing to consider is how a camera feels, not its technical specification. You don't want to miss the shot of a lifetime because you're faffing about with unintuitive button placements or badly-designed menus. If you've not been to a shop and tried some cameras already, do that first.

Solution