Quiet or silent projector

Status
Not open for further replies.

cravi

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
Hi all,

First of all let me say I'm a little noise freak. Few days ago I bought LG ph300 (27db) 720p projector. And it seems noisy as hell (even in eco mode) about to take off. Since projector is near mounted on top my head I want dead silent projector. Would be nice if it's not expensive. And aceptable resolution is 480p or 720p would better. 1080p is not need since most of my contents are in 720p.

There's a some people said Sony 40ES(21db) is near silent. Is there any difference in 27db and 21db? Should I buy that one or tv is better for me?

Thanks,
Cravi

Solution
If you want to hear the difference then download a sound level meter app for your smartphone. Also download a pink noise file
https://archive.org/details/TenMinutesOfWhiteNoisePinkNoiseAndBrownianNoise
Play it through your system. Set the playback level and then turn it down 6db. That will be the difference in volume..
If the projector noise is still a problem when there is audio going then you may need to get a regular TV. Most people get used to the noise since it's masked when you actually use the system.
It may be possible to reduce the noise by placing sound absorbing material around the projector. You have to be careful not to block the air flow that cools the projector.
If you want to hear the difference then download a sound level meter app for your smartphone. Also download a pink noise file
https://archive.org/details/TenMinutesOfWhiteNoisePinkNoiseAndBrownianNoise
Play it through your system. Set the playback level and then turn it down 6db. That will be the difference in volume..
If the projector noise is still a problem when there is audio going then you may need to get a regular TV. Most people get used to the noise since it's masked when you actually use the system.
It may be possible to reduce the noise by placing sound absorbing material around the projector. You have to be careful not to block the air flow that cools the projector.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.