Random high pitched and squeek sounds while listening to audio

Sebastiaan_1

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
So I've picked up a second hand Dell XPS 15 (9530 model) and it's been great. Condition is mint, tested and well it was all great.
Note: I've got it especially for video editing. (I edit a lot of fireworks videos)

When working in Adobe Premiere Pro I first noticed it. I used my Audio Technica M50x just normally pluged in, and when a noise comes the headphones freak out en throw the most annoying high pitch in my ears, I imediately pause the clip and the sound fades out, then when I play again, the pitch comes at me again.

After some searching I saw it could be interfearence with USB stuff, like a mouse. I unplugged everything and got back to editing, same results...

The strange thing is, it happens with headphones, different headphones and even trough the speakers of the laptop itself

So recap: Just normal watching video's on YouTube for instance, no problem (most of the time). But when a sudden noise comes especially explosions like fireworks, guns etc. the sound goes crazy and sqeeks and throws a highly annoying pitch at me.

For me it seems like the frequency of it happening get's increased with how hard my PC has to work! For instance, while running Adobe Premiere it always happens (I edit fireworks videos) but in Youtube it rarely does!

Solution
So I was also having the exact same issue that you were having using Adobe Premiere and a Dell XPS. Particularly when editing video of explosions or gun shots. What I did to fix the issue was to go into the "Sound" under Settings and disable the "Dell USB Audio" speakers so that it is only using the "Realtek High Definition Audio". I also went to the "Dell Audio" under Settings, sent to the last tab "Advanced" and then clicked "Restore" which set everything back to the factory default settings. This has fixed the problem on my Dell XPS 15. Please try it and confirm that this helped.

nikturnal

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
So I was also having the exact same issue that you were having using Adobe Premiere and a Dell XPS. Particularly when editing video of explosions or gun shots. What I did to fix the issue was to go into the "Sound" under Settings and disable the "Dell USB Audio" speakers so that it is only using the "Realtek High Definition Audio". I also went to the "Dell Audio" under Settings, sent to the last tab "Advanced" and then clicked "Restore" which set everything back to the factory default settings. This has fixed the problem on my Dell XPS 15. Please try it and confirm that this helped.

Solution