Razer Carcharias cracking/beeping/crunching sounds

H0wtzer

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Hello,

Yesterday I bought a new Razer Carcharias,but it hasn't been working as it as it should have.
I have cracking,beeping and crunching sounds coming out of the speakers..
Every time I scroll my mouse,click it or move it I can hear it beep.
But there is a constant crunching sound too...

Could this be my soundcard?
This is a bit weird because my last headset worked fine with no strange sounds..
Is it also normal that I have to put in the audiojacks+usb to have audio??
If I only put in the audiojacks I have no sound at all,and also no weird sounds,only if put in the usb the sounds begin!
I have tried every usb port on my pc,it's the same on every one of them.

I have Supreme FX II soundcard that came with my Asus Maximus Formula SE

I hope you guys can find a pretty costless solution,because this is bugging me a lot...

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

I also send a email to Razer over 24 hours ago but they didn't reply yet.

BRAV3

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013
Hello,

Though I haven't found way to fix this but I think that the problem may be caused by the USB port that you plugged the headset into. When I disconnect a device the crackling changes and when I disconnect all devices from my computer the crackling really dies down. I plugged my headset into another computer and it seemed to work fine so I don't think that it is a problem with the headset. Does windows pick up your headset in the volume mixer?

-BRAV3

H0wtzer

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
I tried to unplug some usb cables, but the only one which made the noise a bit quieter was from my Razer Deathstalker keyboard, not by much though. Every other unplugged USB cable made the noise not go any quieter. Windows doens't pick the headset up in the volume mixer though.

Seems to be a fairly common problem with USB headsets. Also, as far as I know, when you use USB headsets the sound card gets bypassed, so you are better off with a sound card that has analog outputs( which your sound card has). It could be an EMI problem too, so you want to search around if there is a fix, or it could be a grounding problem.

Happy Gaming, the Prisoner...

jordanmiddleton

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
Sorry for the zombie post but I only JUST figured out the workaround. I've had my razer headset for a year and the audio static was driving me insane, the cause is the motherboards usb power, it simply creates static every time any other usb port does something such as your mouse or keyboard, by plugging my razer headsets usb power into an external powerboard using a USB charger as a middleman, (EG taking the usb part out of your apple charger and replacing it with your razer usb power cable) completely ERASES the static, it's almost like a new headset. I wish this came on some information with the headset because it changes the audio quality from $10.00 headset to what it actually should be.

PvtJkr88

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Thank you so much man, I literally sat here trying to remember my log in details to thank you haha. I solved this by putting the USB into my Xbox 360 (which is turned off but plugged in so can still power it) and as if by magic the horrible noises are gone. Legend!

Chrisser000

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013

This sounds like such a great solution but it just doesn't work for me. Why does this not work for me? There's still the same static sound,

royhuijts

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
[strike]I bought the same headset yesterday and when plugging in the USB ( without connecting headphone and mic ) there was a strange static noise in the background that changed multiple times each second.
At first i thought the headset was broke, tried different usb port ( back and front of the pc ).
Then i tried the headset input of my iPhone with the Razer headset, still the same problem.
My final try was the iPhone USB connector for the poweroutput...
This worked, when using the USB of the headset in the USB output of a normal power output there is no static, no noise, just silence.
I now use the headset plugged in the computer ( mic and headset output ) but the USB is plugged into a iPhone loader plugged into a power outlet. Works like a charm!
[/strike]
Sorry, just read the solution from jordanmiddleton, it's the same solution!

Tafoplakioum

Estimable
Apr 28, 2014
Another thing i did and worked out perfectly for me is to connect the cables at my razer blackwidow inputs. It's pretty much the same thing.

real_Tt

Estimable
Jun 8, 2014

Hello!

I had the same problem but i fixed it, i also made a video due to MANY ppl having this problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jwz1wqPvDw (Im uploading this as we speak, so if its not up, just refresh in a couple of minutes)

/TarreTan

Lou Nickerson

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
Easy fix. I had the same issue. Turn down the volume on the audio knob on the headphone sound controller to about 40% or less. Then turn up the audio on the computer itself to match what it was before. The crackling will be gone and sound will be great. Above all, make sure the audio knob is not 90%-100% up. That will cause the crackling. 50%-75% audio knob level will work fine.

Crytekcc

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014
I have found a potential solution and if this is the same situation for yourself you'll kick yourself for not trying it.

So after weeks of endless failed attempts at attempting to fix the static problem it turns out its an extremely simple fix(For me anyway)
Look at your Razer headset wire, does it look like spaghetti? Try straightening the wire out it sounds extremely silly however this worked for me!

Simply unplug your headset and run your fingers down the wire and you'll notice your headset spinning (if you hold it off a surface).

I think its just a simple case of bad wiring in the cabling, I hope this helps anyone else that has this problem!

killer12911

Estimable
Jan 7, 2015
I HAVE FIGURED OUT WHAT THE ISSUE IS!!!!! After trying different ideas by plugging the USB in a different slot, using an iPhone USB to AC converter (the little white box that you charge the phone with) and plugging it straight into multiple different outlets around my house, nothing worked for me. I was still getting that annoying static/cracking/beeping/crunching sound. So I did a little more digging and figured out that some sort of converter was going to do the trick.

After doing some Google searches, I click on a link that brought me to the Turtle Beach website and the title was "Ground Loops - Low Hum, Buzz from speakers or headphones". This is the exact issue that we are all going through with our Razer Carcharias. Ground loops!!!! To remove the ground loops, we need a USB isolator "to ground lift the USB cable." - DoItYourselfMusician

Watch this YouTube video and tell me this isn't the exact issue you are having.

You can find them on eBay or Amazon.

I even called Radio Shack and explained to him about the issue I was having and if the isolator would do the trick. He told me that was the only thing he could think of to fix the issue.

I know for a fact that all those little tricks that people are trying and posting think they work, actually DO NOT because I have tried. Rather going out and spending another $100 on a new set, just get a USB isolator and all that back end noise will go away just like in the YouTube video I have poster here as prof.

Wiki - Ground Loop
Ground Loops - Eliminating System Hum and Buzz

Shinerr

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015
So I used the solution where I plugged the USB into an iphone charger and It worked great for a year or so. Last night the headset will not work at all unless i plug the USB into the PC. I've tried different Iphone chargers and different outlets. So now I am back to the static, and the mic is unbearable to people in mumble/skype. Any ideas on what this could be?