Razer Game Booster changes the settings for windows update

ro0415

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
(Im using windows 8.1)

I just downloaded Razer Game Booster. You can either boost a game direclty from the program or boost the game in-game. The keys you have have to press to activate boost in game are by default: Controll + Alt + B. To deactivate by default you have to press: Controll + Alt + R.

On the taskbar, on the right-hand corner, there is a white flag. Normaly there is just a flag there, but sometimes the flag can get a red cross besides it. If you press on the flag when there is no red cross there, it will open up a window that sais: ACTION CENTER no current issues detected.
If you press the flag when the red cross is there it will open a windows that says: ACTION CENTER (x) Important message(s).

The problem i have is that when i either boost the game from the program or use Controll + Alt + B, the flag gets a red cross besides it. It sais "1 imprtant message detected", and under that it says: "change the settings for windows update (important)". (I have tried to change the keys you have to press to boost in-game, but it still happens. When i press Controll + Alt + R, to deactivate the boost the red cross disapears). When i press the "1 important message" it opens the action center. There is a box between the security and maintenance tabs that says: "Windows update (important)" we recomend that you activate windows update to improve the security and performance of the PC. In the box there is a clickable box that says "change settings". when i click it says (directly translatred from my main language): "Choose an option for windows update", and i can choose between: install updates automaticly (recomended), and Let me choose. When i press install updates automaticly (recomended), the red cross disappears, and booster is still on. When i press Controll + Alt + R to deactivate the booster, the flag still has no cross, but when i turn the booster on again the red cross is shown again, and the same poblem: Change settings for windows update (important)

How can i make the game booster stop turning off automatic windows updates? Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks in advance :)

ro0415

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
there is one thing i noticed about the game booster. When i boost a game, the game booster icon (in the little box that pops up when you press the little arrow thats pointing upwards on the taskbar, to the left of the white flag) turns gray. If i right click on the icon i get three options: Open windows, restore and exit. If i press restore the booster truns of and instead of one of the options being restore, it's now boost. i was just wondering if the game booster is still boosting my game. And how do i know if the Razer Game Booster is really boosting my game?