Razer Hits Xbox 360 With Controller, 5.1 Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

coonday

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Looks sweet, but it almost appears as if there are two LB and RB buttons. At least it's reasonably priced.

JD13

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Can someone please come out with an Xbox controller that has the Xbox button somewhere else? It gets in the way at times...

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Hmm... no.I like Saitek and Logitech more anyways.[/citation]

Saitek nice but overpriced if you ask me, Logitech is good , but lately they and MS have both been putting a rubber "grip strip" on thier mouse wheels and i hate the for it becuase this rubber strip often cacthes on the internal wheel gears on several models eventually becoming a problem worse case making your mouse's wheel useless in gaming. I reccnetly got a Coolmaster Sentinal 5600 gaming mouse and it rocks , sure the wheel has no tilt on it but that aside it is a sweet mouse with plenty of buttons, great tracking and a set of wieghts, as well as it being a very good quality. it really suprised me seeing as how Cool master is better known for thier cases and CPU heat sinks. but enouhg about that point is i'm sure this controller is a notch above the standard MS controller , certainly better than what other 3rd party console controller companies do (mad cats any one ?). my only issue is the sticks see to sit rather high off teh "point of rotaion" (like the MS controllers). i want to see some controllers that lower how high up the sticks are , ms and sony controllers always feel awkward to me because the thumb sitcks sit so high off the point of rotation.

[citation][nom]Soldier37[/nom]Why is the crapbox even still news, old tech old news this is the PS3s year and PC![/citation]

can you say "i'm a fanboy douche" any louder ???

technically the Piece of Shit 3 is also old news as well

and no i'm not a fanboy , i actually wish i hed money for a PS3 the above insult is to make a point , i can insult your console like a little kiddy just as much as you can insult mine, but it gets no one any where. acutally all three mentioned platforms are old news technically considering PC's have exsisted since 1970's xbx 360 since 2005 and ps3 since 2006, so your childish fanboy comments are not warrented

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
[citation][nom]coonday[/nom]Looks sweet, but it almost appears as if there are two LB and RB buttons. At least it's reasonably priced.[/citation]
I believe the second ones are the function buttons mentioned in the article.

My main questions:
Will there be a wireless version down the road?
Is it comfortable for long sessions?
Will the positioning of the function buttons interfere with the bumpers/triggers?

Atticah

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Razer is good but very Overpriced like apple.

my razer megalodon is f-n fantastic but is only usable during the 1st 10 mins of gameplay then it cuts out

razer is stupid they should fix the win7 bug

trevorvdw

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
I've tried 3 Razer mice over the years and always went back to Logitech in the end. Their products just don't do it for me.

gaborbarla

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
I have a razer deathadder as my main mouse at home, it is the best mouse I have ever used for games. I have another 10 mice mostly things like Microsoft MX1000 laser etc which are much less suitable for games. I actually find the razer to be the best even in windows for browsing etc it is just very responsive accurate and the buttons have just the right amount of resistance. the older razers had a button that was too easy to click accidentaly IMHO.

Anywasy for the XBOX I want a Razer mouse and mini keyboard combo. The keyboard could also have a mouse pad built in. I am tired of using that thumb controller, it is pretty useless in FPS and I will pwn anyone that uses that vs my mouse. :)

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
My friend spent 130$ on the Mamba. He still can't get better than a 2:1 KDR. I own a logitech G5, but prefer my 12$ MS mouse, I get 4:1's with both. I never get hyped about new mice n controllers. Although, the extra buttons are only useful for adventure games. Still a waste of money nonetheless.

Knyte

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
The Diamondback and Copperhead are the two best mice I have ever owned. I love how fast they are, and having smaller hands, I prefer their very low flat profiles. Also for some unknown reason I prefer the ambidex style mice over the right hand molded ones that Logitech makes. I may have just never given myself enough time to adjust to them.

gamerjames

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]My friend spent 130$ on the Mamba. He still can't get better than a 2:1 KDR. I own a logitech G5, but prefer my 12$ MS mouse, I get 4:1's with both. I never get hyped about new mice n controllers. Although, the extra buttons are only useful for adventure games. Still a waste of money nonetheless.[/citation]

The fact that you get 4:1 is because of your skill, no doubt if you used a better mouse than your "12 dollar mouse" you'd improve.

It may not be a ton but a better mouse with more precision can only make you better.

Your friend might be lucky to get 2:1 with his mouse, without it maybe he wouldn't even hit that.

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
I personally hope these do well. The controller, I'm not too hot on. The headset, on the other hand, I'm very interested in. If reviews show it to be as good as the Barracuda or Megalodon, it's a definite purchase for me. Especially if it has a built-in headset that doesn't bleed through what you're listening to.

Status
Not open for further replies.