Razer tiamat 7.1 wont work

Solution
Ok, I'm at a loss then. From what I've found online, the headset should work fine in stereo mode as long as the controller isn't set to 7.1 mode. It should work fine in XP, and doesn't require any drivers either. I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this issue. The only thing I can think of to do is to double-check that everything is firmly plugged in and that they're in the correct place, and to try pressing the 7.1 button and see if it turns any colors other than green and red (if so, see what happens when it's the other colors, and if not then leave it on red).

Skeefers

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
I would think it would work with the 2 channel card if you have the green, pink and USB connectors plugged in correctly. Let me look into a few things and get back to you in a bit.

Skeefers

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
Is the 7.1 mode light on the controller turned on? If so, the 2 channel mode won't work, so make sure that light is off (bottom right button on the controller) and then turn up the volume and see what happens.

Edit: You'll also need to select Main Volume on the controller before turning it up.

Skeefers

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
Ok, I'm at a loss then. From what I've found online, the headset should work fine in stereo mode as long as the controller isn't set to 7.1 mode. It should work fine in XP, and doesn't require any drivers either. I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this issue. The only thing I can think of to do is to double-check that everything is firmly plugged in and that they're in the correct place, and to try pressing the 7.1 button and see if it turns any colors other than green and red (if so, see what happens when it's the other colors, and if not then leave it on red).

Solution