123jimmy

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
i have a rca rear projection hd tv and the picture goes out for about 45 seconds and then comes right back on and this happens every 20 minutes and here is the model number d52w20 so can some one help me thanks jimmy

123jimmy

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

hello and your answer does not help me i am trying to a family in need of a tv very bad and can not afford one so i am trying to get some help to repair this one for them and i ma doing it for free to pay it forward for some one needing jhelp so if you can help me please let me know and thank you for your time and have agreat day jimmythat is in need of a tv

clarkjd

Distinguished

The problem is that most of the Rear projection TV's are older technology, so getting parts could be an issue. Now, the symptoms you describe could be overheating through the accumulation of dust inside the TV. You might try using a vacuum to get rid of the dust, but be very careful! There are extremely high voltages available inside the chassis(particularly around the CRT), even if the TV is unplugged, so you could be exposing yourself to a very dangerous situation. Do Not attempt this if you have any doubts about understanding the hazard.

123jimmy

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

thank you for your help and if when i clean it out if that does not work do you have any other ideas what it may be please let me know thank you jimmy and have a great day

clarkjd

Distinguished
If Cleaning it out doesn't fix the issue, then it is time for the repairman. Unfortunately, diagnosis and repair could be more expensive than a new TV. It all depends on what is wrong, and how easy it is to fix. I have no experience with RCA TVs and therefore can't give you any valid next steps.

123jimmy

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013