Reactivating boost mobile phone

Podmixture

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
I have the boostmobile LG G Stylo from last christmas,its been out of service,and boost mo told me to take it to a boostmobile store,well, every mom&pop store i went to, want my arm and legs to re activate. Its such a rip off. Not the service plan, but the stores activation fees are crazy scam!
One place i called ,told me i can pay 35 for the month and $10 to reactivate,when i got there he wanted $25 insted of $10. 3 stores i went to try to give me the shaft. My question is
How can i turn this phone back on without going to these small shops? Can boostmobile send me a new Sim,and activate me over a phone call? Thanks!

Solution
If you aren't in a contract with them and you don't owe them any money, they should give you a PUK on demand so you can use a SIM from another service provider.

It's the Personal Unlocking Key you need to switch providers and here in the UK it's illegal to charge for it or refuse to issue it..
If you aren't in a contract with them and you don't owe them any money, they should give you a PUK on demand so you can use a SIM from another service provider.

It's the Personal Unlocking Key you need to switch providers and here in the UK it's illegal to charge for it or refuse to issue it..

Solution

Podmixture

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

Podmixture

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Yes your right, i thought it was still like that, but aperently boost killed my number,thats fine, and so a sim from them through postmail would be good. But no, they send me to local scam stores. And i do own the phone, its the LG G Stylyo, and i do not owe then any money. It was bought off the rack as a no contract phone.. Im gonna call the main number and speak to a supervisor at headquarters. Boost Mobile has bad customer service. Thanks for the help