Realtek HD only outputting Front L/R signal from Asus

DocOc

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
Okay, I have a peculiar situation; I recently bought two old amps (Both are Technics SE-Tx100) and they both work perfectly despite their age. I have one connected to my two Yamaha bookshelf speakers (each with 1.5 inch tweeters, 3 or 4 inch mids, and 8 to ten inch low speakers), and I have the other amp connected to my trusted Carver 10 inch subwoofer.

I have concluded that the problem originates from the computer, I have an Asus Essentio (not sure on what model). It runs a built-in Realtek high definition audio driver. The rear audio-out ports on my computer work perfectly, because Realtek decides to let the speaker test sound play through the correct speakers. What it doesn't let play, is everything else.

Realtek seems to think i only need to listen to my front right and left speakers (the Yamahas). This, obviously, is not what I want.

The summary of my question here would be along the lines of: Is there a way to enable all of the speaker outputs on my computer while playing music or even replace realtek software/update it?

One last note here: I do have 5.1 surround enabled on the interface, and have tried speaker fill and all sorts of options.

Solution
Hmm, I'm guessing that you will have to play with the Realtek Audio Manager software to set it up, can't exactly help since I'm not running a setup like that :p

TheDualshock

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Are you trying to have both amps play the same thing at the same time? If so you would need to use either the back ports or the front ports with a splitter for your 2 amps. If you are trying to play 2 separate sounds from each amp, you would need to go into the Realtek Audio Manager and go into ''Device advanced settings'' and enable ''Make front and rear...simultaneously''.

And also you'd need 1 amp to control all the speakers since back and front can't output the same thing at the same time if I'm not mistaken. As you said you also configured the speakers to 5.1 which should work if all speakers are on 1 amp I believe.

DocOc

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013

I am not trying to have them play the same thing in both amps. I am using two of the rear audio ports, one for each amp. The sub/center goes to one amp, and the Front Left/Right goes to the other. Would it not make sense for realtek on a 5.1 setting to play sound through all rear outputs?

I know i could just connect my sub to the other amp but it doesn't sound quite like it should, and it is treated like a regular front speaker that way.

Thank you for responding so quickly though.

DocOc

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013

okay, i just thought it would be easier than this. It says "sub/center out" for a reason.. ugh.

DocOc

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013

Honestly no idea. I eventually just bought a separate audio card. I don't know if I ever fixed it.