Rear Speakers sound weak/without bass.

Realtek101

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Hi,

I am just testing 5.1 speakers connected to my PC via analog ports with Realtek HD Audio Manager.
All speakers works. However two rear (surround) speakers sounds weak. By weak, I mean without powerful bass sound from subwoofer.
Two front speaker and center speaker works powerful along with subwoofer.

I tried a lot of stuff like installing different drivers and stuff, then i figured that my 5.1 speakers are supposed to work like that by design.
Because when i switched speaker lines SR/SL with FR/FL. Then surround speakers works powerful.
eicC.png

So, My question is, is there any audio player/codec/filter/whatever that can make the rear speakers output with surround woofer?

Thank you

Solution
When you set up your surround sound for 5.1 the ",1" is the subwoofer channel. This removes the bass from the other speakers and sends it to the subwoofer in most cases. The other 5 speakers which are usually small are relieved from straining to product bass so they sound cleaner and play louder.
With a surround sound receiver you can set speakers to large or small (bass goes to the large speakers) and set the subwoofer to play only with LFE information if the fronts L/R are set to large. That way some bass for music comes from the large fronts but the special effects bass comes only from the subwoofer. If you like to hear more rear content just turning them louder won't help (you can turn no sound louder) but you can select different...
the way 6channel audio works is that the subwoofer fires regardless of whether the speakers do themselves. the subwoofer itself will fire any time a low tone is played.

as for rear speakers being more quiet, that is generally by design. many games for instance have different tonal pitch for rear sounds as well as a lower volume output. check out the levels tab, balance in sound playback devices. you might be able to adjust to your satisfaction there or in the audio drivers you use. you may find a solution there.

The rears suppose to simulate reflection from the back wall of a theater and naturally weaker than the frontals. If you want them to be fuller, as oppose to loud, place them closer to walls, or try firing at a nearby wall instead of directly at you see how they sound.

When you set up your surround sound for 5.1 the ",1" is the subwoofer channel. This removes the bass from the other speakers and sends it to the subwoofer in most cases. The other 5 speakers which are usually small are relieved from straining to product bass so they sound cleaner and play louder.
With a surround sound receiver you can set speakers to large or small (bass goes to the large speakers) and set the subwoofer to play only with LFE information if the fronts L/R are set to large. That way some bass for music comes from the large fronts but the special effects bass comes only from the subwoofer. If you like to hear more rear content just turning them louder won't help (you can turn no sound louder) but you can select different surround modes to give you more sounds from the rear. Not strictly accurate but you can listen the way you like.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS