Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

gcupp28

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015
This keeps popping up on my laptop when I reboot. I have had little success
Things I have tried on reboot that do nothing:
F12
Ctrl Alt Del~ just restarts it again
F9

The only little success that I have had is I made a recover disk on my current computer. I then put that disk into my laptop and it actually booted and worked but then I selected keyboard being USA and it said this version of system recovery options is not compatible with this version of windows and to try a different system recovery.
So my question is
Is there any way to create a system recovery disk that is compatible with my current version of windows? and is there any other steps that I should try?

knight_of_baawa

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Did a disk come with your system? If not, see if you can get one from the manufacturer. Otherwise, I'd really suggest taking it to a shop and having it looked at, as there's a possibility your hard drive's failed.

gcupp28

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015

It did not come with it. I know taking to the shop would be very last option because of the price. I would like to see if I could fix it on my own first. I think the problem is my laptop is a 32 bit computer and I made a system recovery disk on a 64 bit computer. Is there a way to make a 32bit recovery disk on a 64bit computer?

knight_of_baawa

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Nope. No way to do that. Further, the two computers are completely different, so your recovery disks are only for the computer you made them from.

You could try downloading a Linux live disk, burn it, and boot with that in your system to see if your drive is readable. If not: take it to a shop.

gcupp28

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015

Could I just make a 32bit recovery disk on another laptop?
and if not where would i be able to download a linux live disk

gcupp28

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015

Could I just make a 32bit recovery disk on another laptop?
and if not where would i be able to download a linux live disk